The Ideal Candidate
As a skilled and talented chef, with an eye for presentation you will know all there is to know about food preparation and portion control. Working within a busy kitchen supporting the Head Chef you will take responsibility for your own section ensuring that all equipment is maintained, cleaned and working correctly at all times. You will need a thorough knowledge of food safety and hygiene as this is crucial to being successful in this role.
- Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen as required
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specifications, recipes and HACCPS
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Assist with ensuring stock counts are accurate and completed on time
- Assist with maintaining accurate ordering and stocking levels
- Assist as required with managing all kitchen – related administration
- Manage wastage through correct portion control and records
- Assist with training and developing staff to assist in kitchen duties
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved with and contribute to at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management
About Blue’s Smokehouse
Blue’s is a place where you roll up your sleeves and get stuck-in to a menu full of American Smokehouse favourites, southern specials, burgers galore and more. All our BBQ Classics are smoked in-house over hickory wood and served up on big old platters.
From our imported American smokers to our executive chef, our focus is on serving authentic flavours in a relaxed, fun and informal atmosphere.
We don’t stand on ceremony, in fact we smoke it and serve it as a snack! Eating at Blue’s is about loosening your belt, getting a crowd together and enjoying wallet-friendly feasts with your friends and family.
The Benefits and Rewards
At Blue’s we offer a reward and benefits package designed to give some food for thought, whilst fully reflecting your performance and endeavour. For any Chef who can add to our growing reputation for serving top quality food and drink, then this is just a taste of what you can expect:
- A competitive hourly salary
- The chance to work in a fun and friendly environment
- 28 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- The chance to develop your knowledge and skills, in a busy and fun environment.
- A blend of training including practical kitchen sessions, self-learning and our online continuing professional development courses
- The chance to progress your career as Blue’s grows
To apply or learn more, please contact our HR Manager by email, Click Here